Good Food


Boy, I've been MIA for over a month! Sorry guys. Most of my creative energies have been put into cooking lately. Cold melon soup, lemonade blueberry popsicles, stuffed peppers, quinoa custard, cranberry almond scones. . .
I've also been developing my Powerhouse recipes. Recipes that have three or more so-called superfoods. Now there is no definitive guide as to what a superfood is. But there are sources all over the internet and here is what I've found: bananas, blackcurrants, goji berries, cacao, blueberries, raspberries, acai, yacon root, watercress, papaya, soy, flax seed, broccoli, alfalfa sprouts, oranges, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, sea vegetables, avocado, salmon, green tea, beans, oats, turkey, pumpkin, yogurt, mangosteen, chia seeds, quinoa, and pomegranate. Some of these you've probably never heard of. But most are available at your natural food store. And I've been developing recipes, some with eight or more superfoods!
What makes it a superfood? Foods with an especially high phytonutrient content. So lots of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other properties that we may not even completely understand like disease fighting, fertility, and weightloss. For example, chia seeds are high in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and studies show that it slows the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar in your body. That effectively lowers the Glycemic Index of any food that you eat with the chia seeds!
I have a couple ideas for art in the works, so hopefully I'll be posting something a little more visually stimulating soon!

Comments

Popular Posts